What You’ll Learn in the Full Course
The online full course features the four core topics of childbirth preparation, infant CPR, breastfeeding, and newborn care taught by Labor & Delivery nurse, Sarah McMoyler, RN. The McMoyler Method exclusive course book PDF is included with the full course to download and print for your review. This beautifully illustrated, 175-page course book is also available for purchase.
- Pre-term labor warning signs
- Physiology of the pregnant body
- Labor terminology
- Coping with labor pain / Partner support
- Strategies for non-medicated labor including: breathing responses, vocalization, and labor positions
- Medication and epidurals
- Possible medical interventions
- Positions for pushing
- Working with healthcare team
- Cesarean births
- In-depth introduction to CPR and choking response techniques
- Hands-on practice with a CPR mannequin
- Current guidelines for rescue breathing and chest compressions
- Clearing an airway obstruction
- Activating 9-1-1
- Realistic breastfeeding information for new moms and partners focusing on “babies thriving and mothers surviving”
- Understanding the benefits, as well as the potential problems and remedies
- Introduction to pumping and storing breast milk
- Early newborn latch and positioning are practiced
- Preventing nipple soreness
- Introduction to bottles, pumping, and storing breast milk
- Crying and soothing techniques
- Safe sleep guidelines
- The basic drills: diapering, dressing, swaddling, bathing, trimming nails and cord care
- Preventing postpartum depression
- Essential baby gear
- The physical and emotional roller coaster that all moms find themselves following the birth of the baby
- The “Star Family” returns with their newborn for a baby bath demo
Baby Bath Demo
- The class concludes with a return visit from Graduates who bring their newborn baby back to class. The “Star Family” will talk about their birth, first week home, and share some of their must-haves.
- In addition to bathing the baby, and demonstrating the “Five S’s,” Sarah will provide inside tips for a smooth transition from hospital to home.
Purchase the Online Class:
When the time came to have our baby, my wife and I had to make a lot of decisions under pressure. Sarah’s help was invaluable; she had us simulate different scenarios before the birth which helped potentially confusing and overwhelming situations seem familiar. The techniques used in her programs reminded me of the ways my Olympic coaches used to prepare us for the big event.
Jonny Moseley, Olympic Gold Medalist
The Best Birth is unique and magical. My patients who have attended their classes are prepared for all eventualities and uniformly joyous over their birth experience. The partners are comfortable in the delivery suite and fully engaged too.
Laurie Green, M.D. – founding partner
Sarah McMoyler is a teacher’s teacher. Knowledgeable and compassionate … her approach is highly recommended.
Dr. Dean Ornish, M.D. – bestselling author
Sarah McMoyler leads the industry in her ability to bring the basics back to birthing with a welcomed combination of accessible practicality and judgement-free advice about today’s options. I applaud her refreshingly modern commitment to the ultimate goal – healthy mom, healthy baby.
Alison Wing – CEO and Founder, www.giggle.com
Pierre and I worked with Sarah before the birth of our first child, and her lessons have continued to benefit us through all of our pregnancies and births. The McMoyler Method prepared us for labor and delivery, reduced our anxieties, and strengthened our connection to each other during the birth. We recommend her approach to anyone who wants to be more engaged and prepared for the wonderful journey of childbirth.
Pam and Pierre Omidyar – Founder of eBay